Saturday, March 7, 2009

Stuff Found in Books, Part 1

Recently, a friend who works at a bookstore gave me a handful of items that he and his colleagues had found in books that came into the shop. And that got me thinking...

Stuff found in books...

I love books; I love the stuff one finds in previously owned books. It's like a tiny peephole into someone's life.

But while we're on the subject of stuff found in books, let me tell you a story told me: it may be apocryphal but I don't think so. An employee at a used bookstore once found $500 in a book. He called up the seller who of course picked up his misplaced and forgotten rainy day fund.

It's as simple as that: community thrives on trust.

I'll try to keep this "stuff found in books" thing photographic. And sans comment.

And I'll only show the image side unless there is something interesting on the flip side.


Postcard



Events announcement



Strip of silver gelatin paper with writing on the back

No comments: